For an average joe, Amazon seller suspension may feel like something of an easy deal. But the sellers who are operating on the platform can understand its grave nature. It is not easy to sustain on the platform. Amazon is the most competitive e-commerce platform that is out there. Yet! Sellers try to persist considering the reach the platform offers. It is available in almost every country known to exist and supports an internet infrastructure. Although, the thing to note is its customer-centric nature. This often lands sellers with something that is known as Amazon seller suspension. And while there are sellers who have fought for the first place for their product, they often land to last because of a seller suspension.
So much is the fear that is always hovering over a seller’s head. And, there is no way you could escape that unless you abide by Amazon policies by heart. And implement them at every instance, trying to make sure that you are providing a service that Amazon feels like quality. But, if you fail then the answer is clear, your business is impounded and is not released unless you make yourself worthy in the eyes of Amazon. And how do you do it? Well, that is by providing an Amazon suspension appeal but that is something we’ll come to later on.
But to understand this topic and get enough perspective to reinstate your account with ease, read the article down below.
What is Amazon Seller Suspension?
An Amazon seller suspension is nothing but when you are unable to serve your product to the customers. This happens when you are in infringement of one or more policies of Amazon. During this time, you don’t have control over your seller account and neither any control over the funds, unless the case is clear for good.
Types of Amazon seller suspension
It’s not like Amazon is going to permanently ban you from the platform. They give you time to explain yourself. But, there are different stages to it.
1. Suspension: This is the easiest of them all. It is the time when you may have gone beyond a line but are still redeemable. During this time Amazon will expect a compelling Amazon suspension appeal. And, if that doesn’t feel enough accountable then maybe another one. But, it is time if you wish to seek external help then go for it. This will get our account reinstated in no time with the help of someone who already knows the ordeal.
2. Denied: This time you require a plan of action to prove the worth of your Amazon suspension appeal. And, it is a little trickier than the previous condition but you can still seek external support to ease the task. Or if you are confident enough then make your own plan of action and deal with it.
3. Banned: This is a stage where there is no coming back. This time you are permanently banned from the marketplace. And you can no longer sell on Amazon which means it is the end of everything.
Ways to avoid Amazon seller suspension
The reasons mentioned below are some of the most common ones. And, they are simply the beginning but are important in their own sense. Why? Because the reasons behind your Amazon seller suspension will either directly be it or an extension of it. Therefore let’s have a look at the ways one can get their seller account suspended.
1. Avoid Negative Reviews
Reviews over any product are the litmus test of that product’s quality. So if the reviews are positive you will get more engagement, however, if they are bad then it will be the opposite. Plus Amazon has a policy where you can’t cross a certain percentage. The figure might change with the geography. But, if it is there and you are suffering from it then make sure you know that percentage for your country. It’s simple if you are getting too many negative reviews, this simply means either your product isn’t offering the desired quality, or your customer service is poor.
2. Keep the pricing of your product fair
Amazon was previously imposing a price parity rule over its seller. This was done to make sure that Amazon stays the cheapest platform for any XYZ product. Although, it has been changed to a fair pricing rule. This allows the sellers to sell their product at the prices they feel is right. Yet by this, Amazon has the privilege of taking away the one-click buy button. And, make your product less appealing to the coming customers. Therefore, it is important that you stay aggressive in terms of pricing. Also, there is a direct correlation between the sale with the price of a product. If the price of a product is less then there are more people who are capable of purchasing it and vice-versa. So create a balance, don’t make it so cheap that you are unable to sustain your business but create a value proposition that justifies your pricing.
3. Don’t divert traffic to other places
Amazon is an abode for so many new and unique products from original brands. And these brands are always looking forward to creating as much engagement from other platforms. But, it is important to understand that Amazon as a platform doesn’t want to share its traffic with other contemporaries. This means that you are not allowed to drive traffic to other websites. You can sell your products and Amazon policies allow it. But driving traffic to your website is strictly not welcome.
4. Don’t mess up the review system
A lot of people try to mess up with the review system. And as stated earlier, it is the litmus test of your product’s quality and customer service. Messing up with the reviews is a serious offence in the eyes of Amazon. And, it is often irredeemable regardless of whatever your past records have been.
5. Duplicacy of ASINs
ASIN stands for Amazon Standard Identification Number. It is a unique number that is provided to each seller with an account. And, often sellers create different product listings with the same ASIN for the same product, confusing the customers. Amazon wants the customer’s decision to be as easy as possible. And for this same reason, it is considered a violation of their protocols to end up in an Amazon seller suspension.
6. Maintain code of conduct on Amazon
It simply means that you stay civilised on Amazon. You are not to offend or use language that misses the protocol be it the customers or the staff of Amazon. A lot of people often end up abusing and this is an easy road to a permanent ban.
Also read: Amazon Seller Account Suspension Reasons
7. Don’t play with Competitor’s listing
I personally believe that there are two ways people try to stay ahead of people. One is by self-improvement and the other is by sabotaging their competition. If you are the second kind by any means then my only advice is that constant success is a long journey. So you need to stick to your route, providing all that is in your power. But doing the opposite of it might get you a seller suspension.
8. Monitor performance metrics closely
LDR, ODR, these are not just terms or acronyms. And they mean something but if you don’t pay attention to them, you are bound to get an Amazon seller suspension. These are the direct indicators of how you are performing on the platform. Therefore stay updated and keep your performance metrics always in check. And if somehow you are low on a particular metric, make sure to strategise well to compensate for that in the future.
9. Stay updated on Amazon’s policies
There is no excuse for not knowing and then getting what was bound to happen. Amazon hosts so many sellers and customers that they have to update their policies every now and then. Therefore, it is important that you stay proactive to see all the changes that are being done to the policies.
10. Include cybersecurity
A single void in the security can end up creating a huge fiasco that can often be hard to mitigate. Sellers are usually not targeted for the same but if your staff isn’t well acquitted with how to protect the system from external intrusion, you are in trouble. Make sure that your employees are educated enough in the department, and if there are security flaws you’ve found, make sure you fix them in no time.
11. No false info on the product
To make the product appealing, a lot of sellers post false information. Stay away from this because it will lead to bad reviews and Amazon’s system will sooner or later catch hold of it.
12. Be exceptional at your service
The best way to sustain and flourish on the platform is by providing the best service. Be proactive in providing any assistance to your customers. And make sure that you abide by all the rules and regulations. The best quality of product with the utmost competitive pricing with exceptional customer service is the road to success on Amazon. Write this on a wall and worship along with some great digital marketing tactics, and you’ll see yourself in the top crowd. A lot of people fail to recognise this most fundamental thing on the platform. And this is for the same reason we are reminding it again.
How to write a compelling Amazon suspension Appeal?
Writing a compelling Amazon suspension appeal is not like counting stars (basically an impossible task). It can be done by anyone by you or any professional you hire. The important thing is to make sure to follow the fundamentals. Well, whatever I am mentioning below may not tell you the exact recipe but enough insight so that you don’t miss the important ingredients. So here they are:
1. Be concise: Be it any letter, a letter to your boss, an authority, or an Amazon suspension appeal, it is important to keep it concise. You have to focus on fewer words and more meaning. Writing an entire essay (I know this article is lengthy) has never helped anyone and this also means you are delving into unnecessary topics. So simply abstain from it in order to have a successful reinstatement.
2. Maintain Structure: It is important to maintain a structure. Suppose, you are watching a movie and the climax is shown to you at the first. Or the screenplay writer simply messes with the timeline entirely, would you be able to understand the point of that movie. This is the case with every letter. You need an introduction and a conclusion with this flow of data that goes from start to end. This will create a story giving you enough leverage of your condition and how you missed the metric you were supposed to deliver on.
3. Plan of Action: Coming up with a plan of action is an important task. This shows how you are going to mitigate the current issues. A plan of action should also include how to avoid the same issue in similar conditions. It is something that you seriously need to work upon.
4. Stay grateful and avoid emotions: Getting emotional on an Amazon suspension appeal has helped zero sellers as per our insights. But, if you are grateful for the opportunity to be able to sell and take your mistakes seriously, there is no stopping you. Make sure you add a pinch of it in your Amazon suspension appeal.
Do you need an Amazon Appeal Service?
It is a question that differs from person to person. It is not like sellers are not capable of reinstating themselves but getting external help is always worth the price. The number of days you are suspended are the days you are potentially losing business. Also, it is always easier to reinstate for the very first time. Therefore, if you are not experienced enough then it is recommended that you find someone who can appeal to you. It will help you get reinstated in no time and will save the extra hassle. It is just like outsourcing one segment of your work that you don’t have to handle yourself. There is a third party who will help you with the same.
So just in case if you are looking for an Amazon appeal service then we are APlus Global Ecommerce. We have a team of veterans who have delivered multiple cases related to Amazon suspension. Each and every case is unique thus making it complex but with our experience, you can surpass it in no time. Besides this, we also offer services like Product research, product listing, Amazon PPC etc. so if you or any of your friends need help with reinstatement then we will deliver the needful.
To reach our homepage and get your free consultation, simply click here and fill the form. Our representative will reach you in no time. We hope this article may be of some help to you. Also, thank you for reading it until the end.